Zuzu Valla ‘Bora Aksu catwalk show, London Fashion Week’
Zuzu Valla gives us a triple A pass to the Bora Aksu catwalk show, London Fashion Week 2022.
“Bora Aksu is definitely one of my favourite designers. Every collection speaks deeply to my soul. Romantic, feminine with brilliant colour. The show began with one minute of silence for the Queen.
The models were walking diagonally across the hall, sun shinning trough the beautiful location of London Scottish House, the historical home of the London Scottish Regiment, and a drummer playing a rattling snare solo.
The collection was military inspired combined with medallions, knee-high leather boots, sashes and riffs on the classic shako hat. I love how Bora imagines the women in his vision of a very different kind of warrior, almost like a doll in a violent world, yet inspired of Henry Darger, as well as the whimsical watercolours of the Canadian artist Marcel Dzama, giving that typical Bora’s vision of model.
I am really looking forward what he will create next and l am very grateful that he had me again to capture his vision in dreamland.”
- Photographer: Zuzu Valla @zuzu.valla
- Wardrobe: Bora Aksu @bora_aksu
- Production: Antony Waller @ant_waller
- Location: London Fashion Week @LONDONFASHIONWEEK
- Stylist: Leith Clark @LEITHCLARK
- HMUA: Neil Moodie @neilmoodie
- Make-up Artist: Janeen Witherspoon @janeen.e.witherspoon
- 12 months ago by: Ainsley Hutchence