Something Very Special ‘Protect Your Energy SVS A/W23’
Sticks & Stones Agency Presents the latest drop form ‘Something Very Special’. Designed in Byron Bay by your very own Sticks & Stones founder/Creative Director, It’s me, Ainsley Hutchence & my lover Matty Bouris. “Protect Your Energy” is our Autumn/Winter collection and our 11th drop since we launched in Dec 2021.
A friend of a friend wouldn’t enter the party, she wouldn’t even enter the room. She was just standing at the door, announcing she really needed to protect her energy so she couldn’t come in. We believe in protecting your energy as much as the next empath but it was pretty funny to us at the time; it became the punchline of the night. But the kicker is, she was right. It turned into a fucking weird night but we left with a good story and a great one-liner.”
Something Very Special’s “Protect Your Energy” collection is an ode to chaos and intuition. Starring a Roman-inspired guardian angel cradling the word “energy” in block letters, the AW23 collection serves as a sartorial armour to ward off bad vibes. Oversized pinstripe suits (coming June), Something Very Special’s signature short-sleeved button-ups and ultra-comfortable track pants come in acid orange, gaudy purple and supercharged gradients. Infused with irony, our late-’90s retro rave aesthetic revitalizes resort wear as we know it.
Bon voyage – we’re on vacation, forever.
- Wardrobe: Something Very Special @somethingveryspecial.co
- Photographer: Kane Skennar @kaneskennar
- Photographer assistant: Charlotte Murial @charlottemurial
- Art director: Ainsley Hutchence
- Art director: Matty Bouris @_mattyb
- Troy Freyee freyeephoto
- Stylist: Kcatla @kcatla_
- Make-up Artist: Miranda Emblem @mirandaemblem
- Assistant: Belle Peacock bellepck
- Model: Naomi Stevens @naomi__stevens
- Model: Modules Management @modulesmanagement
- Model: Grace Simmons @gracesimmons
- Model: Remi Zhu @remizhu
- Model Management: Chic Brisbane @chic_brisbane
- 4 months ago by: Ainsley Hutchence