Naomi Christie ‘The baby blues’
With the help of her talented team, Naomi Christie brings her monochromatic vision to life in her latest stunning series, ‘The baby blues’.
“In this photoshoot, I wanted to bring the emotion of the colour to life. What would baby blue be? Teenage heartbreak, retro soul, innocence. But I wanted to add the duality of sweet & sultry to it. Our set dresser, Jenny & I painted nearly all of the props. She created the scene for each shot. It’s always fun to see an alternate universe appear before you. Our amazing hair & makeup team turned Colleen into a 1960’s beauty queen. I’m obsessed with the aesthetic of the 60’s & loved using that inspiration for this shoot.
Jenny is an amazing talent in production design & art direction. Jenny & I came up with the monochromatic concept & hope to do a series, continuing the theme in different colours. We hope to stick with a pastel theme, but there may be diversions in the future. It’s always fun to collaborate with your best friend. She brought Dianne to the shoot who killed the styling. We got almost everything at thrift stores.”
- Photographer: Naomi Christie @naomichristie
- Model: Colleen McCabe @mccabeco
- Model Management: Next Model Management @nextmodels
- Stylist: Dianne Galindo @onlydianne
- Make-up Artist: Nikki Nouvelle @nikkinouvelle
- Hair: Esther Vasquez @vtgesther
- Set Design: Jenny Situ @jennyc2
- 6 years ago by: Ainsley Hutchence