Nic Porter ‘Tragic glamour’
Longtime Portlander, Nic Porter grew up in a small town in the Columbia River Gorge. Natural beauty was commonplace. After a few childhood attempts with a disposable Kodak, she found beauty’s straight capture rendered it dull. “Reinterpretation is far more interesting.” Ever since, Nic has been more concerned with story than truth, believing that a good lie captured well crafts the most honest reality of all.
Nic is also the founder & producer of Suitcase Laundry, an all-women, monthly, collaborative photoshoot event in Portland that seeks to bypass the male gaze & redefine the creative experience for women by women.
“This shoot was created by an all-babe crew at the historic Star Theatre in downtown Portland, Oregon. As this collaboration took place, multiple women-only shoots were going on at the same time. That allowed our crew to really slide deep into the creative process as we were surrounded by it. There’s a beautiful comfort in that.”
- Photographer: Nic Porter @nicportland
- Art director: Ragen Fykes @ragenfykes
- Model: Anna Caroom @annacaroom
- Model: Savanna Copper @savannacopper
- Model: Katie Marsh @katie_mmmarsh
- Stylist: Andi Bakos @andibelle
- HMUA: Sheri Mendes @beautybysherimarie
- HMUA: Morgan Roberts @cosmicstylist
- Production: Suitcase Laundry @suitcaselaundry
- by Ainsley Hutchence