Abigail Edwards ‘Would you pull that crap with a knit?’
Alex & Abi are a creative couple based across Manchester and London. Their work varies in genre from addressing diversity to documenting fashion in a playful & colourful manner. The concept of this shoot was ‘twisted housewife’ & they pulled the title from Grease. They started creating work together during the first lockdown 2020 but both have photography & art degrees.
Alex has a background in dance & likes to translate this into movement direction when shooting & Abi has an interest in creating identities & personalities throughout her work together they have an interest in mixing the bizarre & fashion to create characters that you might find in the moulin rouge with only a nail file, some hairspray & cigarette in their pocket.
“It was the hottest day of the year & we were doing a knitwear shoot! SO hot that the speaker broke & the only thing we had to listen to was Madonna’s ‘like a virgin album’ on repeat, which we had originally brought as only a prop. The vibe for the shoot was playful & colourful and so was the energy in the room. We’re a duo team so our energies usually bounce off of each other & Ella is always our first choice when it comes to casting. From groping a pineapple to Ella getting an Orange stuck in the umbrella when pretending to play golf, we had such a fun day & can’t wait to create together again.
- Photographer: Abigail Edwards @__abigailedwards
- Cinematographer Alex Hunt @alrobooo
- Creative director: Alex Hunt @alrobooo
- Stylist: Abigail Edwards __abigailedwards
- Stylist: Alex Hunt @alrobooo
- Wardrobe: Ella Blackmore @ellablackmore95
- Wardrobe: Happy Haus Studio @happyhaus_studio
- Model: Ella Rennison @ellamae_rennison
- 1 month ago by: Ainsley Hutchence